Thursday, December 15, 2005

Movie: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

I saw this movie last night. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it far more than I did the book last month. 7 out of 10 stars. It was very refreshing to see that the movie pretty much followed the book page-for-page. They didn't try to glam it up or change the story around to make it more paletable (sp?) for the masses. I also gotta say that Liam Neeson (sp?) was the perfect choice for the voice of Aslan. The beavers were a trip!

I first read this book back in high school. I remember enjoying it a tad more back in the day. Interestingly enough, I didn't quite like the book nearly as much this time around. In fact, I thought that the book was pretty lame. Perhaps it's just my age...or maybe it's the overdramatization of the characters in Lewis' depiction.

Has anyone ever actually had any turkish delight? What's it taste like?

No comments: