Monday, May 22, 2006

Movie: Davinci Code

I give this one a 7 out of 10 stars. It's definately one of those times when the book is better than the movie. Plus, I do have to admit that I wasn't all that enthralled with the book either. For me, the best Dan Brown book was the first one read (regardless of which one it is). After that, the reader realizes that they're all the same. So, having said that, I'd have to say that 'Angels and Demons' was my favorite (since I read that one first).

Tom Hanks did a pretty good job playing the role of Robert Langdon. There was just something missing with the character that I can't seem to put my finger on. I also didn't care much for Ian Mckellan (sp?). I'm hoping that I'll like him a lot more in the upcoming 'X-Men' movie.

Blah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both the book and movie were total letdowns. I guess I fell into the hype that they were good but the puzzles were laughable and the characters had almost no development whatsoever. I actually thought Ian McKellan did the best work out of any of them. Paul Bettany and Alfred Molina were almost non-existant. The portrayal of corporal mortification got really old. I didn't really feel his suffering. Oh and Audrey Tatou is still one of world's most beautiful actress's in the world. It's too bad she really didn't fit the character nor the movie. At least they gave her a little bit at the end with walking on water bit. She looked a little emaciated though. Overall, it was entertaining. But not really worth the opening it received. I guess people are desperate for good entertainment. Hopefully, X-3 will deliver the goods this weekend.

Jason C. Miller said...

(drool)
Audrey Tatou...
:)