Sunday, October 29, 2006

Entry: The house is back!

I just realized that there's a house that keeps re-ocurring in my dreams. It's not quite what I would classify as a mansion...but it is a REALLY big house. In my dreams, I recall that this house has a mystique about it....and aura of unrest, if you will (for lack of better words to use). Sometimes it's haunted, and sometimes it's simply uncomfortable to be in (for unknown reasons).

I remember, in the first dream in which this house appeared, that it was supposedly owned by distant relatives who had long since passed on. My mother was giving me a tour of it. I remembered thinking of what a cool house it was. The second dream was a tad more "lively". It involved zombies trying to kill me. Not exactly what I would call a nightmare, but definately one of those run-for-your-life dreams. ( The snake and shark dreams are the ones that I would classify as nightmares.) In the third dream (last night), the house was occupied by a family that was hosting a reunion. I was sneaking around the house, evading the inhabitants, in search of its mysteries (again, for lack of a better way to explain it).

These three dreams have absolutely nothing to do with one another. I do find it odd that the house is a constant though. Even the rooms are all the same! And, it's not like I've ever seen the house or anything. It's a totally randomly generated house. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm wondering if there wasn't a fourth one. It seems to be just beyond my ability to reach it in my mind....just enough to know it's there but not to know what it was about. Weird? Of course! :)

I think that these three dreams have happened over the last 1.5 years, so it's not like I'm seeing that house every night or anything. Wouldn't it be weird to actually FIND a house that matched it by accident?! :)

[ maniacal laughter ensues ]

P.S. Hey....since when have MY posts ever been normal??? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fascinating that you would keep dreaming about the same house. Try writing a description of it or drawing it out. Somehow, I don't think it's "randomly generated". Most dream related content has its origins in the real world somewhere. Unless, you are foreseeing some future event. Perhaps one day your mother will give you a tour, during a family reunion and then the undead will rise and try to eat you. Recommendation, cricket bat to the head.

Jason C. Miller said...

I've actually considered trying to draw it out. Every time I put my mind to it though, there are just enough details that are missing or conflicting between the dreams to make it a very difficult task.

For instance, I'll have a dream which will have a main room in it and then another auxillary room off to the side. In another dream, I'll have that same main room with a DIFFERENT auxillary room. All seems kosher until you try to put all the blocks together in 3-D space and realize that those auxillary rooms overlap just enough to make it impossible.

I should try mapping out the main rooms though. That would be a cool task.

Cricket bat? That's hilarious. I'd opt for the ol' fashioned billy club, though. Kudos to Alice for the idea. >:)