Friday, December 24, 2010

Post: My new month's resolutions and wishes


Why "new month's" and not "new year's", you ask? Because I'm a realist. :)

It has been a long year and, as with all before it, I have learned a lot. With the things that I have learned I have also been reminded of a few lessons long past that burn just as much today as they did the first time that I had to learn them. Instead of letting this preface turn into a monologue, I'm simply going to jump right into it. :)











The selfish things for myself:

  1. I wish for a steadfast resolve with school. The current pace (or lack thereof) is eroding my resolve like a geologic process.
  2. As with all previous years, I wish for a better understanding of the role(s) that the universe will have me play. I have several small roles that I play, but have yet to find the really big one yet. Tangent to that is the regret that I have in having to forsake my volunteer positions for school. I miss serving my community.
  3. The ability not to wear my feelings on my sleeve. If there's one thing I would change, it's that. As with most other people, I should be afforded the luxory of presenting a different face to the world than that of what is in my head at the time. I have a visceral malcontent for people who can do that so effortlessly. :)
  4. To never disappoint any who rely on me.



Things that I wish for other people in my life:

  1. For those who love me and don't understand me, I wish for patience and tolerance. It will "click"...I promise.
  2. For those who are in need of help, to reach out. An e-mail, forum post, text message, phone call, dinner, or visit, whatever. I'm awful at keeping in touch. This doesn't preclude my being there when I'm needed, though.



Things that I wish for the world:

  1. More tolerance
  2. Much more empathy
  3. The jaws-of-life to break the chains keeping the collective hive mind from opening

1 comment:

Jerri said...

Purpose and perpetual forward motion. It's all anyone could ask.