Friday, February 01, 2008

Article: It's good to be an oil company

"Oil giant makes corporate history by booking $11.7 billion in quarterly profit; earns $1,300 a second in 2007."

You know....all the rhetoric aside, if you look at pricing trends (ie. gas prices will skyrocket overnight but take months to recede again), I really have to admit that I do believe that gas prices may never go back to pre-Bush levels. There's too much FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) that big oil can use to pad their excuses. Later, they can simply claim that the general public just can't fathom the new kinds of math used to explain why. I typically don't take such a staunch stand on one of my blog entries, but when I see articles like these, I can't help but imagine the drooling stock-holders.

Sadly enough, war is GREAT for big business! The rich get richer.

No comments: