Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Entry: What's up with school??

I spent a lot of time writing about my experiences with Nova Southeastern University prior to this entry. The fact of the matter is that I am no longer with that institution. For lack of better explanation, let's just say that their program didn't "conform" to my idea of an ideal academic posture commensurate with the degree that I was seeking.

I have since been accepted into the graduate school at the University of South Carolina. This degree will not only be hard but will be a ridiculous exercise in logistics considering that it consists of normal classes (not night classes) in Columbia, SC, which is 100+ miles away from where I live. Did I mention that these classes will be held in the middle of the work day? Did I mention that I have a full-time job??

(sigh)

I figure that this will end in one of two ways:
  • humiliating defeat that will at least allow me to re-claim what will be left of my sanity
  • an overall victory that will more than likely leave me in a permanently catatonic state
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: