Sunday, July 17, 2011

Entry: Diving the Edisto

So, I spent some time in the Edisto River yesterday with my dive gear. The purpose of the trip was to collect fossils and indian artifacts. The truth of the matter is that I spent the whole time fighting the current simply because I didn't have enough weight. I'm cool like that. :)

I was hoping that the visibility would be a bit better so I could play some with my underwater camera. I ended up getting more pictures on the surface than I did under the water given how murky it was.


The walkway to the dock.


More walkway to the dock.


Even MORE walkway to the dock. (Exciting...ain't it?)


View of the river from the dock. And no...I did not perform a slide entry although it was recommended.


More river.


Ditto.


Unfortunately, the owner of the tank on the opposite shore forgot it there and didn't realize it until we were packing up?


Just an idea of how murky it was.


Yeah...you certainly don't do this kinda dive for the scenery.


Would you believe that this is actually a picture of the bottom taken at almost-point-blank range?


Murk.


More murk.


I gotta say...I'm not too impressed with the durability of these ScubaPro fins. One little piece of plastic snaps and the whole thing is useless (unless you have an unlimited supply of tie-wraps like I did).


This dive actually reminded me of the time I spent in the Cooper River last week although the visibility in THAT river was much worse. I didn't end up finding anything but I continued learning lessons on what to and what NOT to do in different diving environments.

No comments: