Sunday, March 26, 2006

Entry: How to make sense of it all


I ran across this graphic while surfing around today. I thought it was interesting. Bravo to Diane (whoever she is). Assuming that I'm interpretting it correctly, it talks about that weird limbo that someone lives in when they realize that they love a really good friend. There's that horrible catch-22 where they can't do anything about it since it's their friend that they love but, at the same time, they can't talk to anybody about it because the person in whom they'd usually confide is that same person. Ugh. I'm so glad that I'm one of the few people who has been able to emotionally evolve beyond the mortal coil and its constraints. ;) Anyway...this was just a random entry. Thought you guys might like it.

On a different note, have you ever noticed that the longer you've been out of contact with a friend, the harder it is to re-establish ties? Often, there's no real reason for it. It's like you've been silent for so long and it would be disrupting the universe somehow if you were to disturb that silence. That's when the whole "I'll do it tomorrow" thing sets in. Then, "tomorrow" becomes "next week", then "next month", and so on.

This is such a random post. I'm sitting here on my computer listening to Madonna's "Live to Tell". If you're ever looking for inspiration to write something, that's the song that'll do it. Of course, that was 80's madonna. That was the pre-sexual-revolution pre-childrens-books pre-kabala pre-mother-of-multiple-children Madonna. It's my personal opinion that she was a much better artist back in the day. Then again, who am I to judge. :)

I'm having trouble forming complete sentences at the moment. I think I might have mad cow disease or something.

My neighbor, for some reason, REFUSES to turn his #$%!@*&#$ bass down on his stereo or computer or whatever the heck that thing is that he has pressed up against my wall. I've never met him, but I know that he should be attacked with a mallot by some disgruntled Wal-Mart employee. How many notes on this guy's door do I have to leave before I'm forced to narc on him??

I can't wait for 'The L Word' to come on. That's my show for Sunday nights. I hope that tonight doesn't start the rerun season. It's getting so good!! Dana succumbed to her breast cancer last week. It was so sad. <:( And I swear....my love of this show has NOTHING to do with the fact that they are all lesbians! Nobody seems to ever believe me when I tell them that!!!!

I noticed today that that new movie Slither is coming out next week. They're touting it as one of those horror/comedy movies. Now, granted, it can't be nearly as good a horror/comedy as 'Cabin Fever', but I think it's still worth a look-see. If anyone else is interested in seeing it, let me know!

By the way....Audra....smile! :-p

I'm tired of talking about politics with people. Have you ever argued so much with people that you just get tired of it? The funny thing is that I rarely argue a point with anybody when it comes to politics. The abrasion comes in when I share my point of view and the other person has a problem accepting it and feels the need to "correct" my misconceptions. The sad thing is that everyone is under the impression that they know the right and wrong ways to do things and that everyone else is just trying to forward their own selfish agendas. The harsh reality of it is that just about anything can be argued for or against. I could argue both sides of Democracy or Capitalism if I had to. I briefly caught a part of Rush Limbaugh's show on Friday. That guy makes me ill. The sad thing is that everyone who doesn't agree with him is just "mentally ill". He has THAT much reverence for his own opinion. Oh well. Bah. I think the reason that I hate politics so much is because, as a programmer, I like the ability to solve overly complex problems with very simple and delicate solutions. There never seem to be any such things with politicians. There are no issues that don't come with pork and strings attached.

Rex is well (for anybody who knows him and cares) these days. He's happy as a clam and is sporting a brilliant gradient of dark blue and dark red.

I have put the hubcap back on my car AGAIN. It has fallen off twice. If it falls off again, I'm going to remove ALL of the hubcaps and not worry about it any more.

I need to get back in the gym. Someone kept grabbing my love handles today and, of course, I'm one of those horribly vain people who gets embarassed easily.

Alrighty then....time to go do something useful. And by "useful", I mean "useless". So, I'll probably be camped out in front of the TV. Cheers!!

P.S. For all those who read my commentary on the sad state of Microsoft Word in a previous post and felt my pain.....hazah!! We should unite!!!

P.P.S That reminds me of a funny joke I heard once. "Bad spellers of the world...UNTIE!!!"

No comments: