Monday, March 27, 2006

Entry: After pilates class

Ok. So I was in my pilates class today. About 5 minutes into the class, I realized that I wasn't in the best of moods. It wasn't until about 10 minutes after that that I was hit by a startling realization....I really do HATE this class!! That wasn't the bad part though. It wasn't until an hour after that that the class actually ended. It's like realizing that you hate rollercoasters right as you're being slowly cranked up there to the top right after you get onboard. You know...I use the word "hate" here, but in reality, that's a tad harsh. I guess this simply marks the end to yet another experimental phase.

So, I was on my way home from the gym after the pilates debacle and I was listening to the radio (still in a funk from that class). I sat there and listened to a commercial about some horse jockey trying to buy a Hummer H3. It was...err....irritating...to say the least. I got home and turned on the tube and there was Hulk Hogan (well...actually a 90 lb. double) talking about Arby's burgers. I couldn't help but wistfully sigh at the lack of mindless entertainment coming from the magic moving-picture box in front of me. It was then and there that I decided that it was time to take a stand. And, since I really didn't feel like making the effort to take that stand, then I shall simply lobby my opinions via an small act of disention. (By the way..no spell checker as I'm writing this). I have decided to form S.P.A.R.C. For all of you geeks out there, this is in no way a reference to Sun Microsystems. It is, in fact, the Sane People Against Retarded Commercials. And no...I mean no ill against the mentally challenged...it's just that that word fit the acronym too perfectly. :)

Hazah!!

(Why is it that the brits have a cool word like that and we don't??)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next thing you know, there'll be a group called S.P.A.R.J. Not as trendy sounding as S.P.A.R.C. though. Ah well, thems the breaks.

Jason C. Miller said...

This world is full of so many mean people.

Anonymous said...

That's one of the more creative commercials I've seen recently. I mean, come on.. what's funnier than a shriveled up hulkster straining to tear his shirt off?