Saturday, March 18, 2006

Movie: V for Vendetta

I have to say that I was particularly impressed with this movie. 9 out of 10 stars from me. A truly great story that was supported by truly great acting.

Plus, there was one element in the movie that I absolutely LOVED! The guy never took his mask off. That may sound trivial to most of you, but to me it means everything. Nowadays, it seems that all mystery has been replaced with computer graphics and bogus scripting. But with this one, you leave the theater only having seen his mask and hearing the associated voice.

"Remember, remember, the fifth of November,
gunpowder, treason, and plot.
I see no reason, why gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot."

Jolly good show! Definately worth the $8.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the movie was awesome too. Hugo Weaving did an exceptional job conveying emotions without the use of facial expressions. Natalie Portman is one of the most beautiful and talented actresses alive, hair or no hair. The best part of the film was Evey's imprisonment. I think alot of people are going to be disappointed because WB advertised the film as an action flick. It really wasn't. It's much more thoughtful than that. I love all of the literary and historical references that were made. I'm sad that Alan Moore, the creator, wanted his named removed from the credits. But I understand after Hollywood butchered his other comics such as From Hell and a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I think I might pick up the graphic novel for V.

Jason C. Miller said...

I don't know if I'm as much a Natalie Portman fan as you are, but I'd definately say that she's cute. :) I honestly had no idea that this was inspired by a comic. But then again, I'm not really a TRUE geek, am I. ;)

Jessica said...

I liked it, too!

Jason C. Miller said...

We have so much in common, Jessica. I feel like I've known you my whole life!! ;)

mblitch said...

Excellent recommendation. I saw this tonight and thought it was great. I'll definitely be buying the DVD. That and Serenity will probably be the only ones I purchase.

Jason C. Miller said...

You certainly have a lot of gaul coming here to my blog after bailing on the bridge run this year, bucko. Remunerations shall be made! :)