Sunday, February 11, 2007

Article: Good grief

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not the kind of person who would ever rejoice over someone's death, but, as I've posted before, things such as the passing of Anna Nicole Smith really shed an erie (sp?) light on the state of the threshold of American entertainment. War could have broken out with Iran and N. Korea today (coupled with a cure for AIDS) and noone would know about it because Anna Nicole died! I was fortunate enough to run across this site that makes my point superbly. It doesn't really matter how many Soldiers and Marines died today...how many helicopters crashed in Iraq...how many innocents slaughtered in Africa...the skyrocketting national debt...all because everyone wants to know how this one woman died. As a country, I honestly sometimes think that we need to re-think our priorities.

No comments: