Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Entry: A beautiful day in the neighborhood

So, I met this girl at this wedding about a month ago. Nice girl. Married...mother of one...a classic profile. Being that I was having a slow morning at work yesterday, I sent her an e-mail saying "I'm bored. Feel like entertaining me?". Yeah...well...we're chatting on IM later that day and she randomly says something to the effect of "Ummm.....I'm married." Of course, I'm like "WTF...where did that come from??". Apparently, my previous e-mail gave her the impression that I was propositioning her. It never even dawned on me that that's how she would take it! Wow. Talk about embarassing. Then there's the whole thing about worrying whether or not she believes that I didn't mean it that way.

Saw 'Snakes on a Plane' this last weekend. That movie rocked! It's a completely plotless attempt at humor through slapstick comedy and scenes of horrific death. It would take a special kind of person to enjoy this movie but, if you are one such person, then this movie will have you cracking up! One spoiler though....DO NOT SIT THROUGH THE SONG AT THE END CREDITS. THE MUSIC IS HORRIBLE AND THERE IS NO EXTRA SCENE AFTERWARDS.

I am now residing at my new house in Hanahan. The big move isn't until this weekend, but I've officially transferred my flag from my apartment. By the way...sleeping on hardwood floors BITES!!! Rex seems to like his new digs though. He has a little lamp that I put by his tank and he just sits there mesmorized by it. It's kinda like that scene from 'Finding Nemo'. "It's so.....pretty!". I'm wondering if it's healthy or not.

By the way...at the ripe old age of 29, I am not scared in the slightest to publically say that my mom rocks! That woman has volunteered so much effort to the finding and situating of my new house that it boggles the mind how she has enough time for it all. She's the best!

I have kids in my new neighborhood. And by kids, I mean LOTS of kids. I never thought I'd say this, but it's actually nice to see. I haven't seen packs of little kids playing together in yards like this probably since I left Saudi back in the 80s. I put some sprinklers out in the backyard area to do some watering and, immediately, a couple of young-uns came over and started running through them. They were in a state of rapture while they did it too. If they only knew what was in store for them as adults, they'd never grow up. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now see... you really need to set up a password system. These impersonators are really annoying. There's no call for this type of behaviour.

That said... here for your enjoyment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1wMyKQ6jUg

Snakes on a Plane was awesome! Though, I could have used less narration from the people behind us. The kid that freaked out during the Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer was funny.

As for the woman, mistakenly thinking your polite conversation were some sort of come on, don't fret, it happens to me too. I've had a female friend of mine's boyfriend yell at me because I asked her to lunch. Why is it so frickin' difficult to have a platonic relationship?

Jason C. Miller said...

Yeah....I figured as much. :)

I remember, back in college, I had a boyfriend threaten me once because I worked with his girlfriend. I was the only one of us on the staff that actually befriended her. Mr. boyfriend didn't like it. The first thing he ever said to me was "Hello". The second thing he ever said to me was outside and it was something to the effect of "I'm going to beat your a**". Go figue. But, oddly enough, behavior like that doesn't bother the girls much. Guess they get what they pay for.

mblitch said...

Now you can be the old guy to yell out "get off my lawn you damn kids" or "I could have gotten away with it if it was not for those darn kids". To use the later you need to turn your place into an amusement park and try to scare everyone away!

Another bonus, you can put on 'People Suck' bumper sticker on your car and no one can make you back into the driveway so the neighbors won't see it! Now you know you've finally made it!

mblitch said...

Oh, BTW, 'All your snakes are belong to us'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ-n2IVxW_Y

Jason C. Miller said...

It's funny...when I imagine the old dude screaming "Get off my lawn", I think of that game 'Redneck Rampage'. Remember that game? The old dude with the shotgun always trying to chase you off his property? That game was a trip!!

I'm assuming that I told you the story about the 'People Suck' bumper sticker a few years back. Otherwise, that post would be one helluva coincidence. :)

mblitch said...

A few years ago? It was high school dude, a little more than a few, but that works well enough for me. It was when the 'mean people suck' stickers were popular. You cut off the word 'mean' and put it on the bumper. Your mom made you always back the car against the garage so neighbors wouldn't see it!

This was the same car, I'm pretty sure, where you had the computer speakers on the back floorboard as your 'surround sound'. You wanted to play that crunching sound bite from the 'Jurassic Park' game over and over again in all its 2 channel glory!

Jason C. Miller said...

OMG. I swear, Mike, you've never said anything funnier than what you just wrote. I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10 minutes.

The stereo speakers on the back floorboard were not for surround sound - they were there as a replacement for the two rear stock speakers that were decreped and sounded horrible and blown out. I had no job and couldn't afford new car speakers. Playing music in a car with no rear speakers sounded weird.

As for the 'Jurassic Park' thing, I suppose I should explain that one for the masses. The folks over at Sega made a 'Jurassic Park' game for their Sega CD game console. It had (what I considered to be) some pretty good music on it. Luckily enough, all of the music was stored in regular CD audio on the disc and could therefore be easily put to tape. The problem was that some of the major sound effects were also implemented as CD audio. This included the horrible sounds of death and dismemberment. So, I'd be sitting there listening to my JP soundtrack, and then, out of nowhere, you'd hear "AAAHHHHHH!!!!!! [grind] [crunch] [crunch] [tear]". I gotta say though...the sounds of crunching bones and tearing sinews (sp?) sounded pretty crisp with a car stereo. :)