Thursday, August 03, 2006

Entry: Random Entry

For all of you enthusiasts out there, this is the one week of the year that you should tune in to the Discovery Channel. "Why?" you ask. Because, it's SHARK WEEK! I have no idea what it is about sharks. They're so fascinating and so terrifying at the same time. Of course, I know that this is an irrational fear, but then again, what isn't these days? I was watching one of the shows last night and they had a clip of a Great White shark attack that was caught on film. I wasn't repulsed by it...I just thought it looked something straight out of a movie. There was a group of people in the water...one of them shouts "SHARK" and they all scatter for the nearest boat. One woman doesn't make it. She doggy paddles as fast as she can, but she's still the odd one out. The giant shadow moves toward her slowly and she starts panicing and splashing even louder. All of a sudden, the water goes red when the shark gets to her. It was weird SEEING something like this that actually happened.

Of course, as we all know, there's a monster heat wave battering the east and mid-west. My question to you is this...if there was a camera crew driving around in a hot city taking pictures of folks, is THIS the picture that you'd want them to take of YOU? If this dude were smiling, it would have looked like a commercial for bottled water. I could imagine it now...just add the Barry White voice. "Oh yeah baby...."


So, I was reading CNN and noticed this story on how some online gambling site is taking bets as to when Fidel Castro will die. I think that that's hilarious and sad all at the same time. I don't have anything personal against Cuba. Castro took control ov the goverment 50+ years ago and has outlasted how many US presidents?? This guy's a fighter....you have to admit. I also try not to use death as an excuse to celebrate as some people have been doing recently. Granted, I'm not a Cuban refugee and can't exactly empathize with them, but still. Did any of you ever go to StromWatch.com back when Strom Thurmond was still alive? It had a graphic on the top of the page that showed Strom's face morphing into a skull and back. Laughing at it was one of those guilty pleasures. :)

No comments: