Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Entry: Just another manic Tuesday

It's not really a manic Tuesday. I just had that song 'Manic Monday' (The Bangles) stuck in my head while I was thinking of a title for this entry. :)

Had the big move this last weekend. I now have furniture in my new house. Yeah! I can sleep in a bed again!! The move was relatively uneventful with the exception of the death trap that I got from UHaul. I felt like a dead man walking (err....driving) when I was behind the wheel of that thing. I had the help of some friends as well. I'd like to thank Clay (with his brand new Honda CRV), Corbette, Justin, Wicke, and Tracy. I definately appreciated their taking time out of their hard-earned weekends to help with the effort. Imagine what a heart-breaker it is to finally get your washer and dryer moved in only to find out that the plug on the end of the dryer chord doesn't match the plug in the wall due to new wiring codes. Go figure. Yet ANOTHER trip to Lowes. Man...I must REALLY love debt!

I get to spend the rest of this work week scrubbing the heck out of my apartment to get it ready to be abandoned. Fun fun fun.

Oh yeah....I hate watering my lawn. Bah!!

5 comments:

mblitch said...

Before going to Lowe's for an overpriced electric cord, try running by the local dump that takes appliances. Usually they are stacked in some corner. With a wrench and a couple of screwdrivers you can take off any cords that match your plug pretty easily. Appliance repair shops may even have such cords around for cheaper than they would be new.

Jason C. Miller said...

Probably. But there's just something about shelling out the $17 at Lowe's for the brand new 6' chord that makes me feel better. :)

Did I mention that I got super glue all over my hands?? Yeah...that's been fun.

mblitch said...

Well give yourself a golf clap for that move, preferably not until *after* the glue has dried or been removed!

nan said...

Congrats on the move! I feel your pain on watering the lawn. At least you won't have to for the next few days thanks to Ernesto. Take care of Sofia. :-)

~Nan

Anonymous said...

The whole dryer cord issue is such a scam. If you haven't already gotten one, I've still got the one we bought for the last house. (it's a 4-prong) Maybe it will fit?