Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Entry: The "Click Factor"

I could have sworn that I did a post on this at some point in the life of this blog. However, for the life of me, I can't find it! So...here it is per a friend's request.

What is "the click factor"? A wise (wo)man recently worded it so eloquently when she discussed how logic need not apply when emotion is involved. Truer words were never spoken.

The click factor is that little variable that exists between two people that is absolutely impossible to define and most often extremely difficult to nail down. You can try to write down all of the criteria and parameters that you would like your perfect mate to fit into. Heck....you may even find such a person. That doesn't mean that you'll love them, though. Here's a little secret - ALL OF IT IS WORTH EXACTLY BUNK!

In my humbled 30-year-old opinion, it doesn't matter how much in common you have with someone. It also doesn't matter how much you don't have in common, differences in personal habits, financial situations, yada yada yada. The "click" exists independently of any parameters you can create for yourself.

I found myself extremely taken with a girl a couple years back. She was a very devout Catholic and we really didn't have much in common at all. Afterward, I kept telling myself that there was no way in Hades that it could have ever worked. And, you know what? I was right. BUT......that doesn't mean that I still didn't yearn for her. What was the reason? Who knows. Some things are best not understood.

29 dimensions of compatibility my butt!

17 comments:

Jerri said...

No one informed me that this was communicable.

Jason C. Miller said...

Shoulda used protection.

Jerri said...

I tried, he said it didn't feel the same. :-)

If you find an antibiotic, let me know. Or maybe it's like the flu, when you pass it on you get better.

Jason C. Miller said...

Wooooooow. :)

Jerri said...

I like it, and it's true. Very eloquent - literary gold. :-)

You're going to make me go back and read the whole blog aren't you?

*Almost* wish you could read all of my other blog. But not quite. I call this something else - housekeeping. Maybe if I ever get comfortable allowing you to watch me flounder.

What are the 29 dimensions of campatibility? Have you been filling out the E-Harmony questionairre?

Jason C. Miller said...

Oh lord....you probably don't want to read the entire blog. It's VERY boring and often very opinionated.

I've been a proud member of E-harmony since 2005. Now...granted...I haven't actually USED the service in about two years, but who's counting.

Jerri said...

Somehow, I sincerely doubt this.

I'd laugh. But I can't. Maybe a little (lot); ok I'm rolling, and it is REALLY probably not why you think I am!

Jerri said...

I should clarify that I mean I doubt that it's boring; no doubts that you are opinionated.

Jason C. Miller said...

You're so cuddly when you're defensive. :)

Jerri said...

You should hear my roar.

Jason C. Miller said...

I have. It's kinda like a mewing noise from a fluffy little kitten.

Jerri said...

That was a hairball in the way - Grrrrr!

Jason C. Miller said...

I should get you a ball of yarn to play with. We can play reindeer games.

Jason C. Miller said...

Just don't call me 'Rudolph'. That would be kinda weird.

Jerri said...

How about Vixen? Or did you want to be Santa?

Jason C. Miller said...

Only if you sit on my lap.

Jerri said...

Have you seen Bad Santa?? Oh, the thoughts in my head....