Monday, April 10, 2006

Entry: My weekend

Well...Friday evening, Wicke was kind enough to introduce me to 'Robot Chicken'. I'd seen it advertised on the Cartoon Network before, but I have to admit that this show is side-splittingly funny! I definately recommend it if you get the chance to see it.

Saturday was the Charleston Air Expo. It was pretty cool. Never a dull moment. I will say though that the more you see the demo teams (Blue Angels, Thunderbirds) the less you really desire to see them. I think that the absolute BEST part of the day was the C-17 demo! Some pilots demonstrated a tactical assault landing. Ever seen a jet the size of a 767 land and come to a complete stop all within 10 seconds?? Not just that, but the darned thing actually backed up on its own power and then demonstrated a short take-off. The F-16 demo was cool, as always. They nixed the F-15 demo. Neither the Harrier nor the F-14 were anywhere to be seen either among the static displays or in the air. I was very disappointed to see that. They had an abundance of F/A-18s and F-15s though. Got to talk some shop with a T-38 pilot and an F-15 pilot. Also talked to a guy about how he supports the AH-6 birds. That was pretty cool too. My bags were overflowing with swag (which, in the end, is the absolute best part of it all). :) The rest of the evening was spent at a friend's house watching movies ('Pirates of the Carribean' to be exact).

Sunday was rather uneventful. I was mostly playing catch-up that day. Gave a good cleaning to one of my computers. It was the recipient of a new CPU fan/heatsink, floppy drive, and almost an entire can of compressed air. I also finally upgraded the firmware on both of my NEC DVD-burners. That only took me about a year to finally get done. :) Please....try to contain your excitement while I continue! After that, I scoured the inside of my car, purchased new hubcaps, put them on, and gave a good once-over to the exterior. So, all in all, another wonderfully exciting day. Of course, in the midst of all of this, my apartment now looks like a disaster area (again!).

Oh...plus more Mythbusters! :) Cha-ching!

Sunday was rather mellow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what was your favorite Robot Chicken skit?

mblitch said...

You got spinners? You da pimp daddy J!

Jason C. Miller said...

All hail Headless Ponch!!

Jason C. Miller said...

All hail spinners!! But, alas, no spinners for me. :(