Monday, November 06, 2006

Article: Dolphin caught with four fins

This is pretty cool. Some Japanese folks recently caught a dolphin that has four fins. The hind fins are believed to be relics from the mammal's terrestrial-based ancestry. I would honestly not be surprised if this was more common than we knew.

Although I tend to post a lot of opinions on this site, I usually try to distance myself from expressing any sentiments that indicate that I think a group or demographic is wrong in any respect. However, when it comes to the issue of Evolution, I've always found it difficult to imagine how some can forsake exaplainable genetic mutation and, pretty much, the entire fossil record for their own personal doctrines. I mean....maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps this dolphin is one of "God's" many wonderful gifts to the planet (ie....mankind). But....if this is the case, then the fossil record would have to be the greatest practical joke in man's history of existance.

It would be hilarious if a geologist or archeologist were to die and go to heaven and be given an audience with God himself. God extends his (or her) hand to be shaken only to withdraw it as the scientist reached with a resounding "PSYCHE!!!!!".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Japanese that caught the dolphin immediately cut the fins and threw the living carcass into the water. More soup anyone?

Jason C. Miller said...

Sicko.