Saturday, November 18, 2006

Entry: 'Meg' coming to the big screen

I was leisurely strolling through Barnes and Noble today when I discovered that one of my favorite storylines is soon to make it to the big screen.

Steve Alten is, IMHO, a great author. His stories may not be to everyone's tastes, but many of them hold a fascination with me. The first of his books that I read...'Meg'...is the story of a Megalodon (a pre-historic shark that has been mentioned a couple times in other posts) that ascends from the deep and basically kills/eats everything it encounters.

The fact that it's a giant shark isn't what I find so interesting. The fact that it's a giant shark that once ruled the world's oceans and, as some would argue, could possibly still lurk in the depths, actually existed.

Doesn't that picture kinda send a chill up your spine? Between stories of things like Megalodon and the Colossal squid, it's no surprise that I ever hesitate to swim in the open ocean away from the beach. But then again....I *AM* a coward. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, we need to go diving again sometime.

Jason C. Miller said...

Yes. That's not a bad idea at all! :)