Sunday, November 04, 2007

Entry: Pedestrians suck!!

Maybe it's just a Charleston thing, but has anyone else noticed a significant irreverence on the part of pedestrians in today's streets? Now, I don't know what today's whipper snappers were taught growing up, but in my day, it was as simple as this....

"Roads are for cars. Sidewalks and yards are for people. People can be in roads, but not when there are cars there."

Seems simple enough...right? Unfortunately, no. Nowadays, the street is seen simply as an extension of the sidewalk. Vehicles are merely guests on the asphalt and are expected to walk on eggshells so as to not disrupt the local neighborhood basketball game or child playing hop scotch.

I think I'm losing touch with the times. Maybe I should move back to Saudi. :)

3 comments:

Jerri said...

Game OFFFFFFF!!!

Two points if you can make him bounce off the hood AND the windshield...

Jason C. Miller said...

Nah. I'm not looking for damage to my vehicle. I just want them to go under my tires where the chance for damage is minimal.

babyG said...

Hey thats not nice !

(from someone with out a Car)

I don't want to be a target