Sunday, November 04, 2007

Entry: The weekend

I just got back from a walk and my hands are frozen nearly stiff. I've never actually tried to type with frozen hands. It's....difficult. :)

What have I done this weekend? Well....I spent some time re-building an older computer of mine. I've turned it into a dedicated Windows machine (irk!). Just to give you some kind of an idea how much I like Windows, I upgraded this one to XP. Why have I done this? Because I really haven't had a decent machine to play games on in a while. Doom 3 is working like a champ, but FEAR blows chunks (in the shape of superfluous polygons) all over the place. I REALLY must be getting old because I asked for the AGP version of a video card at a local store and they sneered at me and said that it'll be difficult to find a high-end card these days with a little ol' AGP 8x interface. Actually, what's really sad is that my mobo only supports 4x. What's worse, is that the card that I bought hangs the machine if I don't keep it in 2x mode. Woe is me! Actually, this particular card has a pretty nice GPU so the bus between the mobo and the GPU doesn't need to be all that huge. I've been getting my Doom3 1280x1024 in ultra-tight graphics mode groove on. Perhaps I should think about buying a game that was actually released within the last 3 years. :)

That's pretty much been the extent of my weekend. That, napping, and reading. I'm rarely motivated to go out when I have a project to work on. Of course, what sucks is when I work on those projects and forsake all of the REAL stuff that I'd really like to get done. I guess you could cal lit a form of productive procrastination.

On a lighter note, the Fanchers (aka my sister and her family) are now, again, full-time Charleston residents again. Yay!

3 comments:

Jerri said...

Ouch, that hurt my head.

54 degrees is NOT frozen!

Superfluous shaped chunks? *snort*

Wanna borrow my leash?

Jason C. Miller said...

Walking laps around the block in shorts at night when it's butt-ass cold and you can see your breath DEFINATELY constitutes frozen! And before you remind me of the darwinian mechanics behind my decision-making paradigm, let me remind you that I wasn't complaining. I was simply saying that my hands were frozen. Dork.

I love it when you talk dirty.

I don't think it'd be strong enough.

Jerri said...

It might be worth the shot.