Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Article: Electromagnetic smog

Here's an interesting article that I think everyone should read. Its regarding the current and possible future effects of the huge amount of various EMF radiation that we're bombarded with everyday from things like power lines, mobile phone towers, radio towers, radar, etc. They call it "electonic smog".

----------------------------------------------------
The UN's World Health Organisation (WHO) calls the electronic smog "one of the most common and fastest growing environmental influences" and stresses that it "takes seriously" concerns about the health effects. It adds that "everyone in the world" is exposed to it and that "levels will continue to increase as technology advances".
----------------------------------------------------

(Now for my conspiracy therorist rant)

I've actually talked about this in the past. Whenever I bring up my concerns, I usually get bombarded with things like "It's been there for decades", "Where's your evidence", etc, etc. It's nice to see an article on it. The problem is that we're living in a society where EVERYTHING is being beamed through the ether and they just keep adding more. How many trillions of bits of modulated data are flying through our bodies every second? Today's society is so hyped about making everything easy, simple, and airborn, that they forget that there have never been any long-term studies to show what the effects will be over time. Odd how we seem to have more cancer, depression, and than we ever have. We really ARE the prozac generation! I'm not saying that that EMF is the cause, but I'm saying that I'd be willing to be that EMF DOES have some long-term side effects.

Anyway, just my $0.02.

No comments: