Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Entry: My weekend

Good morning ladies and gents! Yet another weekend has come and gone. How was mine, you ask? (Well...actually, you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway.)

Friday evening, I ended up watching some flicks and chowing down at a friend's house in W. Ashley. Good times were had by all.

Saturday, did some house-hunting. I liked one of the houses that I saw. The other was alright, but it was right up against a really "iffy-looking" trailer park. And, when I saw "right up against" I mean that if you look out of the window in the master bedroom, you're looking into the backyard of one of the residents of that park.

That evening, I ended up seeing 'Poseidon'. I thought it was definately worth watching. I give it 7 out of 10 stars. Of course, if you're looking for a storyline or a plot, this probably isn't going to be the flick for you. It' simply a mindless action/adventure flick that really doesn't have much to offer in the way of depth. There was one particular scene that had me pulling my hair out due to the suspense. I kept saying to myself...."Man...THAT would be a cr**py way to die!!".

I ended up checking out the house that I REALLY liked on Sunday. It was pretty sweet. Of course, at that point, I had resigned to avoid the higher-end houses that I can afford and focus instead on some other real estate that I could use to build some equity and still put more away for retirement. As far as what I did that evening, I really have no recollection. I hate it when that happens. It's what I like to call pre-mid-life Alzheimers (sp?).

I hit the beach Monday morning. It was actually pretty fun (especially considering that I'm not much of a beach person). I again learned such vital lessons as A) there are patches of mud that will suck you in up to the knee, and B) this sand here may not bother you, but the sand over THERE will burn the flesh off of the bottom of your feet! The whole mud thing had me thinking of a 'Mythbusters' episode that I saw once. After that, went home and took a 3-hour nap. Got up, and then went to see 'X-Men'.

I give 'X-men' 8 out of 10 stars although it really was my least favorite of the three. There were just too many significant events that happened in that movie that I didn't care for. By the end of the movie, so much had changed (people, circumstances, etc) that it just seemed to shatter my naive impression of the whole fictional X-men universe.

Blah. After that, went home, did some e-mail and stuff, hit the sack, and woke up this morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have no idea the envy I have for your naps.

Jason C. Miller said...

Would that be because of insomnia or kids? :)