Sunday, June 04, 2006

Entry: My Weekend

Another weekend come and gone. Yet again, I cannot complain.

I had an excellent Birthday last friday. It also just happened to be my last day of work at my last job. We ended up having a goodbye lunch at Smokey Bones that afternoon. About 25 people showed up. It was good to see all the faces there.

Friday evening was also quite nice. A friend was kind enough to invite me over. I then ended up spending the next couple of hours getting my feet rubbed. It was quite nice. Of course, we were watching some kind of fashion show on TV, but you'd be surprised how much tolerance a good foot massage will buy. :)

Saturday was pretty nice. Ended up going to see 'The Break-up' with some friends. Pretty good movie. Not as good as I thought it would be, but good nonetheless and definately worth the see. I give 7 out of 10 stars. It was the best role that I have ever seen Jennifer Aniston play. The range of emotion that she exhibited was absolutely breath-taking. I'm guessing that her break with Brad helped out in the role.

I started packing on Sunday. Of course, I haven't even found a house yet and the boxes will probably be sitting there for months, but, what the heck! When you have nothing better to do, why not?! Spent a few hours a friend's house reading while she studied. Of course, that all came crashing down when I realized that the book I had just purchased and started was the second in a series and that was why I didn't understand a thing that was going on. Bah! Talk about a let-down. Of course, she was kind enough to give me a couple of HER books to choose from. I skimmed through one called 'Are Men Necessary: When the Sexes Collide' by a woman named Maureen Dowd. Now THAT was interesting. Among her premises was the notion that man was an evolutionary dead-end and that women will be able to perform all biological functions in the distant future. Among the interesting things that I read in the book were the following...

- "If the other person seems hesitant, troubled and tortured but worth it, the other person is hesitant, troubled, tortured and NOT worth it. There are no oxymorons - only morons - in romance."
- "New love can look for all the world like mental illness, a blend of mania, dementia and obsession that cuts people off from friends and family and prompts out-of-character behavior - compulsive phone calling, serenades, yelling from rooftops - that could almost be mistaken for a psychosis."
- "Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

There were quite a few others, but those were definately a few worth noting. :)
Now, mind you, although I find the above interesting, I don't necessarily need to agree with them (the first one in particular).

Ya know....for someone who hasn't done any dating this year, I really do write a lot of dating garbage on here. Go figure. ;)

No comments: