Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Entry: Random act of literacy

Ok...it's one of those random freak times of the year and I'm feeling literary. So, sit back, STHU, and enjoy my petty attempt to make sense. :)





The Disconnect
By: Me

We meet
She smiles
I look away

We walk
We talk
We touch
I look away

She talks to me
She laughs with me
She jokes with me
I look away

She comforts me
She holds my hand
She listens to me
I look away

She holds me
She flirts with me
She brightens my day
I look away

I wake up
I look to her
I finally smile
but she is gone

!!!

I frown
I shrug
I ponder
I learn

Sonofa....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's probably better than anything I'll ever write. But I think that "!!!" is ummm... not very literary. Still, it was very good. Thanks.

Jason C. Miller said...

Thanks! The "!!!" was meant to convey a feeling. I don't think words could have done it justice. :)

Anonymous said...

I too am impressed! Who new someone whom Tivo's SBTB could have written something so.... well..... beautiful!

Jason C. Miller said...

It's "WHO"....not "whom"! "Someone" is not the object in this case! :)

(hrmph)

And what's wrong with SBTFB?!?!?!