Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Entry: My Weekend

Welpers...another weekend come and gone. It was a good one though. I spent a large portion of the weekend doing some packing and miscellaneous other things. The rest of the time was spent reading at a friend's house. I checked out at least five new houses. I'm really tiring of this search. My mom is having a blast though. That's actually a good consolation. :)

I headed out for DC Sunday afternoon. It didn't take me long to realize that I really didn't miss living in that area at all. The traffic was just as bad as ever. The people, again, showed me that they all wear blinders up north. Anyone you walk by is scared to acknowledge your existance for fear of seeming civilized (or, perhaps, too southern).

I enjoyed my hotel though. The suite was quite spatious (we're talking about enough room for gymnastics lessons!) and the bed was a king. Can't go wrong with that. :) Of course, there was some HUGE school trip that had been planned and ALL of the kids were staying in my hotel and on my floor. We're talking about a few hundred teenagers! It also didn't help that the hotel staff kept trying to corral me along with them. It got really old after the first few times. Then again, I guess my Thundercats t-shirt didn't help to accurately broadcast my age.

They had a really long path along the shoreline of the old Historic Alexandria (where my hotel was). I walked a couple miles of it every day. Very nice. Interestingly enough, I had a clear view of the facility that I'll be supporting in my new job (which I will be starting tomorrow). It was nicely situated on the other side of the river and had some pretty kewl looking dishes (mostly omnis) on the premises. Of course, I toured that facility the next day. It reminded me a lot of Goddard.

Oddly enough, I ran into my new boss on a bus ride across the tarmac at Reagan International Airport. Go figure. :)

I returned today. All is well (minus this giant crack in my windshield that is making my life a living hades).

No comments: