Thursday, July 20, 2006

Entry: Another random day

Wow. Two weeks (minus a day) since my last post. How have you all been?!

My co-workers and I have been discussing this truly obnoxious commercial that we see on CNN and Fox News. It's for a product called HeadOn. The entire commercial is as follows.....

"Head on...Apply directly to the forehead! Head on...Apply directly to the forehead! Head on...Apply directly to the forehead!"

If you don't believe me, you can watch it here. Imagine seeing that commercial a few times a day. It'll drive you crazy. The funny thing is that it's next to impossible to tell what the product actually does! Is it headache relief? Is it zit cream? Is it an exfoliator (sp?)? Is it a roll-on perfume? I had to look it up on the Internet.

Was in Virginia all of last week. Went to get trained up on some kewl technology. While I was there, I took a little detour to the new Air and Space Museum that they have next to Dulles International. That place rocks! It had cool things like an SR-71, a Concorde, the Enola Gay (a B-29 SuperFortress), the space shuttle Enterprise, and a full-size mockup of one of the early TDRS satellites. It was QUITE a site to behold.

Oh...I also ended up waiting 11.5 hours for my flight back to Charleston last Friday. That kinda STUNK!!

Life is progressing. Can't really say much more than that. I had another house inspection today. Over half the things weren't fixed yet. Speaking of said house...the closing is next Thursday. Thank God! I'm SO ready to have this nightmare done and over with! I've been boxing things up but have yet to actually stop and think about how I'm going to do the actual moving.

Met a girl recently. Nice one too. Oddly enough, she's prone to sudden bouts of being incommunicado. I take that as a bad sign. I've only been out with her twice and, each time, I kinda get to like her a little more. Of course, it's the old Miller curse...either I will become more and more interested and she'll become less and less, or the other way around. It ALWAYS seems to work out that way. Normally, I abhore putting details like this about myself on this blog. But, just this once....what the heck. Might as well let the whole world in on it. :)

I'd also like to give kudos to my friend Tracy. She's a kick@$$ friend and deserves all the happiness in the world.

At work, I'm totally excelling at showing my new co-workers just how much I can screw up a server. Ever had one of those situations where you were sent in to make fixes and improvements only to find that you have fouled everything up beyond recognition? Yeah...well....that's me. :)

Anyhoo...stay tuned for the next action-packed installment of Miller's Blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Bout time you got around to posting. What kind of computer geek are you? So what did you find out about HeadOn. I'm too lazy to search and almost too lazy to ask.

I want to go to the Dulles Space Museum. I enjoyed the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum as a child. Everytime we went to DC, I had to go there.

Can't wait for you to move in to your place too. It'll save me a hell of a drive.

Good luck with the girl. I find that most relationships, the more you get to know the person, the less likely you'll end up together. It's just the odds playing against you. Don't sweat it, you'll trap... er I mean, find someone when the time is right (or not... ). Remember, it puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.

As for work, eh, whatever. Mistakes happen. Just say oops and move on. It's not like it's brain surgery.