Sunday, July 23, 2006

Entry: The Wedding

Well...went to my first wedding yesterday in a long while. Congratulations to Stacia Froom and Michael Mckee for tying the knot! I'm still gonna call her "Froom" though. She'll never get rid of that nickname.

Saw quite a few people whom I haven't seen in a while. Also met some knew folks. It was nice to finally be able to put some names with some faces. It was fun. One of the things that I thought was funny that evening was that all of the single women in the crowd clawed and grabbed for the boquet (sp?) but, when the time came for the guys to do the garter catching, it pretty much just landed on the floor. The person who got it was the one who was willing to bend over and pick it up first. The girls predicted that it would happen that way. Gender bias? Perhaps. ;)

Oh yeah...one more embarassing piece of trivia - the little bottles of soap that they passed out at the end for everyone to blow while the bride/groom were getting into the carriage to be taken away...I thought it was to take home and use in a bath. I'm certainly glad that someone "enlightened" me before I did something irreperably stupid. :)

No comments: