Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Entry: The other half of the weekend

Let's see...what all has happened since my post on Sunday. Not much really.

Something interesting did occur on Sunday. I was laying on my couch watching the ol' brain-sucking tube and saw the shadow of a bird on my wall in my living area. Of course, this shadow was being cast by a bird that was flying around my deck outside my apartment. I lifted my head off the couch just enough to see what it was out of sheer curiosity. Lo and behold, there's a huge vulture on my deck looking at me through my window! He wasn't really looking at ME per se....I think I startled him when I stirred on the couch since he had his eye on me with his fight-or-flight mechanism kicked into high gear. About a minute of pure stillness later, the vulture jumps up onto the guard rail on my deck and starts scanning the area (presumably for prey)....one eye on its surroundings and the other on me the whole time. About five minutes later, the bird takes to flight. I haven't been THAT close to a vulture since I lived in MD and almost hit one with my windshield.

Took another stab at the climbing wall at James Island county park yesterday. Surprisingly enough, the place was deserted. Clay and I had the entire thing to ourselves. Now, granted, we were climbing in 94 degrees with 4,000% humidity, but it was fun nonetheless. It was a brief yet painful reminder of just how out-of-shape I really am. Bah! By the way....not much else sucks more than to have your shirt soaked with sweat....your eyes stinging from salt...your arms on *FIRE*...panting to catch your breath....just to go up to a Gatorade vending machine with a pocket full of $1 bills only to find that the bill thing doesn't work. Kinda reminds me of that Alannis Morisette song...."Isn't it Ironic....".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, the same thing with the dollar happened to me at a hotel once, it was late at night and I was thirsty as hell. Had a machine right across the hall, but it wouldn't take dollars. I checked out immediately. Well, not really, I went to the gas station across the street, but I was still pissed.