Sunday, July 02, 2006

Entry: Halfway through the weekend

This is a random mid-weekend entry. So, I'm over at Clay's last night and we decided that it was time to do get our old-school Nintendo groove on. It had been a while so, why not. It was a blast. We played all the way through 'Super Mario Bros. 3'.

The point that I wanted to make by telling you all this isn't that I was playing a game, but that it's weird how a person's memory works. I just think it's hilarious that I can study a formula for hours for a test and have such a hard time but yet, I can so clearly remember secrets and hidden items (down to the pixel!) in games that I haven't touched in 10-15 years! What is up with that?? I would SO trade that ability in if it meant it could make my schoolwork easier!

Also in the news, I was cleaning out my fish's tank yesterday and noticed that the big fake cave that I bought for him a while ago was past its prime. So, I discarded it and went to Pet Smart to get something else. I ended up buying this fake little corel reef segment that had a big barrel with holes on top of it. Rex loves it. The problem is that he loves it TOO MUCH! He spends all of his time in the bloody barrel now! Oyvay. He just sits there and floats at the top of the inside of the barrel. I have to contort my neck to be able to see in at an angle to be able to see him. But, he's there. He's got his own little nook now. Of course, he's probably going to like it so much now that he'll become lazy and fat.

Speaking of lazy and fat, my television is ruining me. I still get my workout time in but I'm spending wayyy too much time in front of that brain-sucking device. I can almost HEAR myself getting dumber as I watch. Blast that Discovery Channel! Blast it all to heck! I'd be on a sports team if my knee didn't bother me so much. Blah.

For those who don't know already, I have a contract down on a house and will be closing at the end of this month. This nightmare is almost over (and the new nightmare of home-ownership is about to begin).

No comments: