Sunday, September 04, 2011

Entry: Germany, Day 2

Another good day. We were planning on going to visit the barefoot park and also to Landstuhl to see a castle, but unfortunately the weather (and my sleep schedule) kept us from doing the second part.


We didn't quite know what to call this. I deemed it the "rook". Reminded me of a chess piece.


This was a pretty neat fountain. The channels at the bottom actually run across the various streets and drain on the other sides.


So, apparently, only rednecks and Germans call them "pissers".


Ok. This was creepy as h*ll. I walk out of the pissoir, and there, staring at me, was a life-sized, fake baby. that someone had abandoned whilst they went to the bathroom. This wasn't some kid's doll, either. It wouldn't stop staring at me!!


Apparently, they had these plaques everywhere telling you how to get to a nice walking path. Of course, I kept trying to get everyone to follow them under the mistaken impression that they lead to the barefoot park. Epic fail.


This way to the barefoot park. That's Ashleigh, Curtis, and Georganna.


Foreign branding cracks me up.


We are walking "the path".


So, we started by visiting the barefoot park. in Bad Sobernhein.


En Ingles, por favor.


For some strange reason, the ladies thought that it would be novel to wallow in the nice German mud.


Rinsing off in the 20-degree water.


Any idea what this means?


Gorgeous landscape.


I wish I had video of this. This woman's girl was swinging back and forth while they were crossing like she was a limp corpse.


Georganna and Ashleigh.


You'd think that walking on cork wouldn't feel that bad. In truth, I'd rather barf napalm than do it again. I can at least say that I've done it, now. :)


More gorgeous landscape.


Georganna and Curtis negotiating the...whatever it's called.


This is actually kinda painful when barefoot. Fun, though. :)


The ferry. Got some coins for Charon? What's funny is the little boy on the left is the one turning the wheel that moves the boat.


Neat bridge.


Bambi, this panorama shot is for you. It's the largest collection of garden gnomes I have ever seen. I thought that only Americans were that neurotic.


I know it probably shouldn't, but seeing this in a small German town was kind of profound.


Stuck behind the ol' tractor. Thing even had a license plate on it.


"Zur dicken Emma"


That's a Coke????


And yes...that's a beer. :)


That was the HALF-serving of brat.


Just...funny. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if my Ems would look like that when she gets older. She was a preemie so I doubt it but it is food for thought. At 7am I wonder if I have a food problem as I love those brats and am so hungry for them, NOW!

Jason C. Miller said...

I can at least say that the food there was fantabulous!!