Friday, September 09, 2011

Entry: Germany, Day 7

This was an awesome way to finish off this vacation. We took a road trip out to check out the Black Forestin beautiful Triberg. This forest is supposedly the place from the Hansel & Gretel fairy tale. If I were an author or independently wealthy, I would so have a house in this little town. It is easily one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It also supposedly has two cuckoo clocks that are vying for the largest in the Guiness book of records. And, after today, I NEVER wanna see another cuckoo clock as long as I live.


The day started off well. :)


Squirrel!!!


No swimming.


Shoulda brought my swim trunks.



Wow.


Awesome.


Back shot.


Seriously wanted to jump in.


Ashleigh and Georganna.


Forgot what this actually said. They had lots of stuff carved into the rocks.





I could live here.


Ick. Shame.


Best ice cream ever.


"I only see a couple of old people."


One of the local churches.


Nice organ!


Even small town podunk churches are awesome!!


I could live there, too.


One of the many Jesuses that we've seen.



Umm. How?


Lots of cuckoo clocks.



This was kind of disturbing. The dude's legs turn into horns.


Ashleigh hiding after I asked her to stand back for a picture.


Gummi penis, anyone?



Georganna milking the ketchup.



These dudes turned their store into a giant cuckoo clock.


Biggest one I saw all day.


Ashleigh eating her Black Forest cake (which apparently originated in this village).



Singing in the car?



Random castle.



No comments: