Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Book: Andromeda Strain

I really enjoyed this book. 8.5 out of 10 stars. Also, the movie had the benefit of being very similar to the book (unlike most other movies inspired by his works).

I'm actually at a loss for words for this book. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. There wasn't really one part that really stood out and grabbed me as being good. The technical details seemed pretty sound (at least the ones that I am qualified to debunk are). It has everything from jet aircraft to killer viruses to satellites. The only thing that it's missing is women!! (just kidding) :)

After reading this and 'Congo' (both of which were written in the 60's and 70's), I appreciate that Crichton has a very keen understanding of the technologies and methods required to achieve certain goals and I really do wonder if such things were available back in the 60's and 70's.

Anyway...good read! I read the whole thing in 1.5 days.

No comments: