Monday, November 21, 2005

Entry: Off for the week

Well folks....it's that time. I'm getting on a 6am flight in the morning (after what I'm sure will be an insufficient night's sleep). Destination? Beautiful Mt. Shasta, California!

Never heard of it? Don't worry....most haven't. I honestly don't recall ever having seen a stop light in the entire town the last couple of times that I was there. It's a very nice place though. Very quiet. It's one of those one-with-nature kinds of places. They sure know how to do forests in NoCal. It's not like the brush and weeds that we have here in the lowcountry. The forests and mountains of that area are of such majesty that it simply inspires just to look at them.

I'm probably going to be fat when I return. Delores (my step-mother) has this horrible habit of making pies, cakes, and pastries just about every night that I'm there. Plus, add to that the fact that this is Thanksgiving week and you've got a wonderful recipe for weight gain.

Oh....by the way....did I mention that it's COLD AS HADES over there?!?! Ick. I hate the cold. I love visiting the folks though. Good times will be had by all. :)

It might be a week before I can post to my blog again. If I hit an internet cafe or something while I'm there (as if the town would have one!!) , I'll try to throw a few worlds out to the world. I will be back next Monday though.

Anyway....luego!

No comments: