Saturday, November 19, 2005

Entry: Funny thing to see

Anyone who knows me knows that I've never really been into the whole sports thing. I mean....as far as I'm concerned, rioting basketball fans should be shot and NASCAR fans should require a passport to get into this country.

I must admit...I really do think that the football fan is a special breed of sports fan. And, beyond that, the COLLEGE football fan is probably borderline psychotic when it comes to flying their colors proudly. The reason that I mention this is because tonight I had the privelage of seeing a tailgate party for the Clemson/Carolina game. "A tailgate party in Charleston??" you say? It was funny. I was walking by the Omar temple downtown this evening and they were having a tailgate party. They had a giant big-screen TV pulled up to a window to the outside with a bunch of trucks backed up around it. They even had the tiki (sp?) torches everywhere. I thought it was hilarious and just thought that it was worth mentioning. :)
Personally, if they could find a way to make both teams lose, I'd love it! ;)

Went to the aquarium today. I must say that it was as impressive as always. I was disappointed, however, that their Sargassum exhibit is STILL plastic!!! What's up with that?? I still haven't heard from the aquarium folks yet about the volunteer position. I was told today that that was kind of unusual. So, I'm getting kind of antsy (is that a word??) now.

I cleaned out Fishy's tank today. Talk about one p*ssed off little fish!! Today marks the second week that he has survived in my care. I'm actually starting to feel just a little bit like a responsible adult right now (he says proudly). :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too saw and heard something really funny this weekend, but was sworn to keep it a secret...... what fun is that?

Jason C. Miller said...

Hmmm.....sounds suspicious. ;)