Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Entry: My Wednesday

Another hump day has come and gone. Can't say that I'm all that sorry for it either. I'm really looking forward to getting on that plane next Tuesday and getting my butt over to CA to see dad. Of course, to make up for some of the missed time from work, I'll be working long hours every day until then. Blah! Speaking of which, I really need to be in bed right now, but I'm waiting on something and figured that I had a little time to do this entry.

I went to go see my first opera this evening. As the picture would indicate, it was 'Madame Butterfly'. I find it extremely funny that I went to see a show that is about a Japanese woman, sung in Italian, and performed for an american audience. Talk about an identity crisis. However, I must say that it was a cool experience. I enjoyed my first opera! I really think that I need to brush up on my skills of formality though. And yes...I wore a suit. I don't think I've worn one of my suits since my last job interview 3.75 years ago. Oh...I also ran into that 10-year-old girl and her father (whom I mentioned in an earlier post). Fortunately, she didn't have time to molest my scalp this time.

There was this one moment during the show that a very elderly woman (and I do mean elderly) fell at the steps leading downstairs. She had a gaggle of people rush to her aid. It's amazing that she didn't break anything (like a hip). It was nice to see such a display of human kindness, though. It's often rare these days. Now....the drivers trying to get out of the parking garage all at the same time...THAT'S a VERY different story in and of itself!

No comments: