Monday, December 26, 2005

Entry: How I spent my Christmas

Ok, so yesterday we ended up going to Busch Gardens afterall. We stayed there for about 6 hours. All was good. I had a good time. As usual, Mike was trying to get me to go on all of the gut-wrenching rides that I typically don't like (and yes..I am such a wussie).

After the gardens, Mike's date (we'll call her 'R') came over. Nice girl. The three of us decided to go bowling. Yaaay! Can't remember the last time that I had been bowling. It was quite awesome. So, we bowled three games (each of us winning one of them) and then spent a good half-hour at the air hockey table (which I, for some unknown reason, dominated).

During the melee, R met some other girl (we'll call her 'F') at the bar. She had found her "smoke buddy" (since neither Mike nor myself smokes). Anyway, R and F became fast friends. R had the bright idea that F would make a great date for me since I was the odd-man-out. It seemed like an okay idea at the time. I mean, F wasn't TOO terribly bad (even given the excessive makeup, bad smoking habit, very weird looking lip ring, and strange compulsion to refer to some guys as female genitalia).

Anyway, midnight came around and the bowling alley closed down. So, Mike, R, and I were heading back to the house. Of course, R's new best friend F was coming with us (and so was the bar tender who just happened to be one of F's best friends). F picks up yet ANOTHER drink and heads for her car. Ok....for those of you needing a mental picture, imagine a girl who was blitzed out of her mind after ~13 drinks. She gets ANOTHER drink (we're talking a glass....not a bottle) and heads for her camaro and says that she'll meet us there (meanwile stumbling all the way). It was a total cliche. It would have been hilarious had it not been scary. So, of course, I intervene and tell her that she's in no shape to drive. She then tells me that she wants me to drive her car back to Mike's place. I reluctantly agreed. F climbed into the passenger side of her car with her drink. The bartender (whom we will call 'J') walks over to the car and asks if we're alright. I point to her drink and ask him about the state laws here in Florida. Anyway, let's just say that she finished the drink before we left the bolwing alley. :)

By the way, one of the more redeeming qualities of R was that she absolutely LOVED 80's music. She had a car full of Duran Duran and Tears for Fears CDs just lying around. Can you say "sweeeeeeet"? :) Anyway, back to Mike's we went.

We get there and R decides that she wants to take her Billy Idol CD in and play it on Mike's stereo. Not a bad idea if I do say so myself. So, what ended up happening was that we had two drunk chicks (one was drunk, the other was completely and totally blitzed) dancing in the middle of Mike's living area. Cute. As usual, they made me dance too. The yak was out in full form.

After dancing, we decided to utilize Mike's hottub. By that time, J had shown up and the party was on. Of course, Mike was the only one with a bathing suit (well...actually, I lie. J didn't have one either but he borrowed one of Mike's). So, in true god-I'm-glad-I-don't-drink style, the two girls decided that it was underwear-in-the-hottub night. I, of course, wore a pair of khaki shorts. Yes...I'm a wussie.

That was pretty much the extent of the evening. Nothing more than smoking (not me), drinking (again, not me), and galavanting around the hottub. It was actually pretty fun.

Around 2am, we all got out and F decided it was time for her to go. Again, we had to "remind" her that she'wasn't fit to drive since we'd lost count of the number of drinks that she'd had. To add another twist to a seemingly odd evening, F decided that she wanted to kidnap R for the evening and bring her back to their place to spend the evening with them. Ooooookay. So, because R was on the fence about it, she convinced Mike to go with her who, in turn, convinced me to go. Well...actually, they tried. I decided to stay behind. Eventually, Mike, R, and myself decided to stay behind. F moaned and complained. We had suspected throughout the night, but it was quite clear by that point that F was lusting after R. Lovely. The drama was getting a tad thick for me so I decided to retire for the evening.

I went to my room and hit the sack. The last thing I remember is R bursting into my room just after I'd fallen asleep and screaming "What are you doing?!?!". Typical drunk chick maneuver. Blah.

Anyway...more adventures to come. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a huge problem with people who consume alcohol, with the caveat that they are cool when they are not drinking. Seems to me that you need to let go of whatever you have against drinkers (heavy or not) and go with the "live and let live" philosophy. Why not let people make their own mistakes? I know that blogs are suppsed to be about personal commentary, etc., but this feels more like a manifesto than anything else. Chill out!!!

Jason C. Miller said...

Wow. Someone certainly doesn't know me at ALL! :)

I frequently hang around people that drink. Since I don't partake, I simply make up for it by getting enjoyment off of watching those who do the drinking in my stead. I have absolutely nothing against them at all. In fact, I make a pretty good DD myself.

Anonymous said...

Busch Gardens? Which one? Williamsburg or Tampa?

If Tampa, how was Sheikra? I've been meaning to get down there, but we went to DC over break instead of florida.