Monday, December 26, 2005

Entry: A note on drinking

I realized something about alcohol last night. It seems like it's really common sense, but at the same time, it's really not. One of the things that I don't like about alcohol is how you are around people that are drinking, you get to deal with possibly several different personalities for each person. For instance, I wake up this morning and I'm exactly the same person that I was last night (and yesterday afternoon and yesterday morning, and so on). When I first met R last night, she was very reserved and didn't talk much at all. Then, later, she was very loquacious. By the end of the evening, she was downright "personable" (for lack of better and more kosher ways to say it). The problem is that when you see them again, chances are that they're not going to be the same person that you remember last because the alcohol has worn off.

On a related but different note, Mike has this neat lit portable breathilyzer. Watching them use it last night was a trip. At one point, R blew a 0.12. Too bad I couldn't get F to use it. That girl would have made that thing explode! :)

No comments: