Sunday, December 18, 2005

Movie: King Kong

8.5 out of 10 stars for this one.

The movie was a tad long, but there really wasn't any part of the story that I think should have been left out. It was a perfect blend of action, romance, comedy, and adventure. Movies that are too riddled with computer animations tend to annoy me. This movie was an obvious exception. All of the CGI was done with taste and there were times when props were used in place when the graphics weren't required.

I really enjoyed the score that accompanied the music. James Newton Howard did an outstanding job. Also, I must say, that I particularly enjoyed the scene where the two of them are on the ice. There was something so profoundly childish about it. The only thing that I didn't understand was how she wasn't freezing in that evening gown that she was wearing with all that snow everywhere!!

I gotta say though....those centipedes really made my skin crawl. Blah! Definately check this movie out if you have the opportunity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, you should review movies for a living. I don't know anyone but movie critics that go to the movies as much as you do.

Keep up the good work!

Jason C. Miller said...

And just how many movie critics do you know??

I just enjoy movies. What can I say? :)

Anonymous said...

I meant I don't know of anyone but movie critics.

Smart ass.

Jason C. Miller said...

Well...if you knew how to speak the queen's english in an unambiguous manner, we wouldn't have these little problems now would we?